[Ibogaine] FW: Small, well-designed trial of ibogaine for opiate detox

Nick Sandberg nick227 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 09:20:35 EST 2008

More dialogue from Alex

Nick

  _____

From: Alex Wodak [mailto:awodak at stvincents.com.au]
Sent: 18 February 2008 21:52
To: Nick Sandberg
Subject: RE: Small, well-designed trial of ibogaine for opiate detox

Dear Nick,

As I keep pointing out to you, I am neither a sceptic nor a believer in
ibogaine

Since the thalidomide disaster, the default position in medicine is that all
new treatments don't work and are dangerous until proven otherwise

I didn't invent that approach

But I certainly subscribe to it

So too does every pharmaceutical regulatory body in the western world

If you want to call that being sceptical, go ahead

Is it your view that countries don't need regulation of the pharmaceutical
industry?

That what ever any one wants to sell, well, go for it?

best wishes,

Alex

Dr. Alex Wodak,
Director, Alcohol and Drug Service,