[Ibogaine] The problem is...

Steve Coss coss at blodgettsupply.com
Sat Feb 16 06:57:50 EST 2008

Here I go stepping on my ......... again

Are we having fun beating each other up?  I will say again if this much
energy was put into a more positive effort instead of beating each other
up our cause would be moved forward. I realize it is a bunch more fun to
act like school children but come on.

On a different note as I had said b4, I tell everyone that will listen
about my experience with Ibogaine (let me check that spelling!!) I am
getting ready to have operation number 8 on my back (complete
reconstruction of my spine from L3 to S1 and part of the process is a
psych evaluation (not my first !!) Anyway as I started to tell her about
Ibogaine she stopped me and said that yes she had heard of it and wanted
me to get her some info.  My point here is that many more people have
heard of this than one might think considering the extremely limited
number of people that have taken it. My drug supplier (got your
attention!!) who is my Pain doctor and I have talked extensively about
Ibogaine and I know he has brought it up and a number of conferences he
attends. I will go back to my original rant and that is if everyone here
would start yelling from the street corners about the merits of this
drug we would make a difference.

I am not good at this but if someone here would write up a one page
summary of the risks and benefits of Ibogaine and posted it here, I
would bet it could be in Millions of hands in a very short time. It
really only has to the one person that has more money than he/she knows
what to do with. I believe money is almost as important as exposure. Dr
Glick said a year ago if he had , pick a number I don't remember
exactly, but well less than a million dollars he could get his MC-18 to
the trial stage. I know it is easy for me to sit behind this screen ad
say "well if you do this ...." But  I know there are people on this list
that would not be ashamed to stand at their city's or towns busy mall
and pass out a one page fact sheet. Can you imagine what would happen if
people started to demand from their doctors "this Ibogaine that will
give my (insert the word son, daughter, parent, wife, husband, lover,
friend, partner, neighbor.....here) a window to get off (insert H,
opiate of choice, meth....).

I don't know but I clearly don't think it could hurt. The city I live in
fought and fought against having a methadone clinic. Well we have two
now and the waiting list gets longer everyday. Those people ,I think
have the best chance to stay clean after a dose of Ibogaine. They have
made their mind up that they don't want to live that life anymore.
Someone recently said we should leave the H user alone ,if he wants to
use so be it. That's all fine and dandy but if he/she breaks into my
house to steal from me to support his habit ,I am sorry but I will not
be pleased. I don't know many , strike that , I don't know any junkies
that given a chance to take Ibogaine and be clean would rather continue
living the life of a addict.

One last thing and I promise I will go back to lurker mode. It keeps
coming up that we need to make sure that no possible harm could come
from someone taking this drug. I'm sorry but for heavens sake, you do
your best to make sure but how many addicts DIE on the streets every
day. I am sure they are happy that the drug although available can't be
given out because it might harm you. Just writing that would make me
chuckle if it wasn't so serious a problem.