[Ibogaine] any adivice on issue of no REM since dosings

knowone knowwhere kn0m0n3 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 15 13:39:30 EST 2008

I know what I write might label me as "anti-ibogaine" but let me say to those people that the "file cabnet" issues are part of the real scientific methode and like Mash says "the plural of antidotal does not equal data".
  I am all for Ibogaine being studied.  But I have had very serious issues with lack of REM since my numerous dosing with Ibogaine.  I have had 3 four hour sleep study EEG's and 1 three day EEG and no REM was shown during any of these studies.  Also a continuous strobe effect has been bothersome since dosing, and I now am told I have seizures, which I never had before dosing with ibogaine.
  I can say some people in the so called Ibo community have been some of the most kind hearted people I have come across, or at least seem that way for self interest or for whatever reason.
  My question to the group is this, has anyone done any studies on these issues and are their any suggestions for  how to get REM during Sleep again?
  I am seriouslly considering getting back on methadone just to function, unless anyone has a better idea, even though it puts me at risk of putting myself in the same situation (no methadone prescription if arrested) as what made me try ibogaine in the first place.
  Does anyone have any advice or point me to studies that address these issues?  Howard? Patrick? Marko? Mr. Glick?  Any suggestions would be appreciated from anyone.
  Thank you for your help.
  Jason

  ---