[Ibogaine] Reply from Alex

Nyc W. Alberts digitalcomponents at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 12:03:08 EST 2008

Dana Beal wrote:
> And as I said, this is not just a matter of a natural plant in use for
> thousands of years. Ibogaine was also in use as lamborine in France
> for almost  half a century, and if it had some unexpected effects
> comparable to thalidomide, they would have emerged during that time.
>
> Dana/cnw
.

I've been using a variant of this line of argument for years, ever since
my non-coffee drinking brother mentioned this 40+ year longitudinal
study that was tracking one set of data, and as it turned out a solid
95% of the respondents were also daily coffee drinkers, which to him,
and myself as well, was sufficient proof that coffee is a generally safe
drug.

I've found this line of reasoning also applies to the safety of
municipal tap water and marijuana as well, since if either were even the
least bit off hospitals throughout the country would be filled with sick
people.

There's got to be a way to codify this sort of approach, since the sheer
numbers of it alone take it out of the realm of mere anecdotal and into
empirical, 'can't argue with that,' evidence.