[Ibogaine] Barcelona Ibogaine session setforInternationalHarmReduction Conference

Eric Madison ericmadison07 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 03:40:33 EST 2008

I think there are two issues happening here. Alex Wodak's presentation is
heavily biased based only on his introductory paragraph, I can't imagine it
gets any better from there.

The other issue is a personal one for you Dana. You got banned from a panel
you were previously part of. For some reason I don't think that's because
they couldn't handle the truth, its far more likely that you really pissed
someone off who then threw you off the panel for acting like a loonie.
Having you not present on a scientific topic isn't something that makes the
world a worse place.

There are a lot of people associated with ibogaine who are neither PHDs or
MDs who do present on science (Howard Lotsof, Patrick Kroupa, Jon
Freedlander), but when listening to them speak I believe they know what
they're talking about. On the other end of the board is you. Your
"scientific" and "medical" presentations are sloppy, borderline incoherent.
If there is anybody in that audience with even a basic scientific background
and they question you about anything you're talking about, you're dead.
You're not going to be able to give an answer that makes sense. I don't
think this is something the world needs to mourn. Your "scientific"
presentations are really not helping the ibogaine movement. Despite the fact
that you insist on booking yourself talking about science at all these
ibogaine conferences that you fund and despite the fact that all of these
HRC and DPA panels run by Lotsof or Kroupa, place you on them and then let
you talk about god knows what, it doesn't make you an effective speaker on
scientific or medical aspects of ibogaine.

I remember you from the HRC conference in New Orleans in 2004, screaming
your head off at Dr. Peter Cohen and threatening to punch him because you
disagreed with him. Maybe the problem is you, not some committee being
unable to handle the truth.

Do you honestly think you understand even half of what you're talking about?

I've heard you talk on other aspects of ibogaine and you do a good job, I
don't understand why it's so important to you to keep presenting about areas
you don't understand or effectively communicate to anybody else.