[Ibogaine] Iboforum Update 4

Dana Beal dana at phantom.com
Tue Feb 12 16:44:10 EST 2008

This schedule is subject to last-minute changes.

The location will be 1020 U St. There is community housing, but we
can also arrange hotel accomodations. But we need to know right away,
before everything is booked. I can be contacted at 212-677-4899 or
dana at phantom.com .

Dates are February 16 to 18 (President's Day).

Runs from 11 am to 6 PM.

Dana Beal
Cures not Wars

DAY 1--Saturday

Keynote w. Aton Edwards

Medical Panels

Dr. Ken Alper     Survey of worldwide use
Dana Beal      Mechanisms of Action
Michael Carden	Beyond Science:  The Voice of the User

Clare Wilkins           Ibogaine Asssociation Safety Procedures
Dr. Anwar Jeewa     Ibogaine in a Conventional Treatment Setting

Howard Lotsof       Ibogaine in treatment of hepatitis C
Jason Farell           hepatitis C and the harm reduction agenda

Ibogaine and Black Community's Quest for Alternative Treatments

Dhoruba bin Wahad        Former Black Panther
Rommel Washington       Social Worker, Accupuncturist
Alan Frimpong                 Grass Roots Malcolm X Movement

DAY 2--Sunday

Introduction with Michael Cardin: The Relationship Between Science
and The User's Experience In the Ibogaine Advocacy

Traditional Use in Africa

Dr. Anthony Andoh Northscale Institute
Dimitri Mougainis   (newly initiated in the Bwiti religion)
Charles Rossouw (on S. African use as traditional medicine)

Comparative Use w. Other Plant Sacraments

Patrick Kroupa  Ibogaine Plus Other Sacraments
Makhi Erdely     on Peyote and  Ayahuasca in treatment of addiction
Philip Fiuty (former head of New Mexico Bureau of Infectious Diseases)
Marc Cocoran    on Kratom, burprenorphin and low dose ibogaine

DAY 3--Monday

Legislative and Regulatory Considerations

Doug Greene         original scheduling of ibogaine
Bill Piper                  legislative affairs, Drug Policy Alliance
Howard Lotsof        History of Ibogaine Development

The scene w. Venezuela and S. America

Dhoruba bin Wahad    Former Black Panther
Dra. Zulema Cendon   Venezuelan Psychiatrists
Dra. Rosalía Dávalos                    in the Drug Treament Field