[Ibogaine] Barcelona Ibogaine session set for International Harm Reduction Conference

Mark Corcoran roccothetalkingdog at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 14:38:00 EST 2008

I think i went out of my way to explain that feeling "cured" was an illusion and what ulitmately led to my down fall 4 months after my first treatment. I think I also specified that not all of the ibogaine sessions were to interupt opiate addiction. I'm taking about doses ranging from 6-8 mg/kg to 26mg/kg. I'd say at least half of them were to interrupt some type of opiate dependancy, and those doses were obviously were the ones that were on the higher side.
I used the term "effective treatment" and in my opinion the most effective treatment for opiate withdrawal syndrome. Me personally, I could not walk out of a medical detox and not use. I was obsessed. Ibogaine has either greatly diminished craving and withdrawal or totally eliminated it every time I've taken it and returned me back to some state of "sanity". I also said that the majority of the past 4 years since my first session have been spent TOTALLY OPIATE FREE.
Why a bit excessive? I have been blessed to have been in a position to obtain ibogaine when I needed it over the past 4 years.
I guess what I'm saying is what do you think the alternative would have been had I not been able to take ibogaine when I needed to?
My guess is best case scenairo it would have been spent on the methadone program. I would be overweight and sweaty and miserable. I'd probably be drinking and shooting dope becasue there is no way I would see a way out. My guess is I wouldn't have a heathly sex life. I certainly wouldn't be thinking about eating right and exercising. And my guess is work would be something other people did.
4 years later, I am working towards goals I never thought I'd have yet be able to attain. I don't drink. I go to the gym and eat right. And yes, I'm happy to report I have a healthy sex life.
This was all a process and I had to wean out a lot of the shit and incorporate the good stuff. I'm not "cured" and would never claim to be, but I am free.