[Ibogaine] Prince of Pot: The US vs. Marc Emery

Dave Brockman davebroc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 16:37:47 EST 2008

I've lost track of who we're talking about here, Marc Emery or one of the
paragraphs that's inside all 900 lines of this message that people keep
quoting. if it's about marc emery what exactly did he do that's wrong? he
didn't spend his profits adding more bling! to his gold-plated,
diamond-studded h2, he channeled millions of dollars back into activism and
drug reform orgs, including ibo. He wrote marijuana seed dealer on his
income tax returns and paid his taxes and the canadian govnt happily
accepted it from him.

what he got nailed for is being too loud and speaking his opinions, all of
this happened to him after his summer of arrests and lighting up bongs in
front of police stations or whatev.

Marc emery is one of the world's biggest narcistic asses, but the dude has
done a massive amount of good promoting the cause of medical marijuana,
freedom, human rights all that good shit. Dissing him about whatev is just
really small and obnoxious, 'cuz it's like what have the peeps dissing him
ever done for any cause besides post crap to discussion forums. say that
marc emery is a total asshole and you'd have lots of peeps who agree with
you, in the medical marijuana movement or even just meeting the bro, saying
that his actions are in some way wrong or he deserves it is not being
informed or looking at what the bro has done over the years.

the real issue is canada caving into US demands and wanting to charge marc
based on the laws of a country he is not a resident of, what it's saying is
that canada is the 52nd state (the UK being the 51st). in case you don't
understand that, it's an important point. it's saying that the laws of
whatever country you reside in are not relevent, if the USA has a grudge
against you.

peace

-broc