[Ibogaine] suboxone

tink tinkerbell.sarah at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 12:19:45 EST 2008

I've been on both methadone and suboxone, and had a horrible time
coming off of both. I have to say that the switch from methadone to
suboxone was probably one of the most intensely bad experiences I've
ever had.  I was on 140 mgs of methadone for years, and switched to 36
mgs of suboxone, which I was on for a little over a year.  I used
ibogaine to end the suboxone, weening myself down and switching over
to short acting opiates(oxicontin), which was also not a particularly
pleasant experience. As a person with a lot of back pain issues, the
suboxone was not the right medication for me, as it blocks pain
killers and provides little or no relief.  The methadone helped in
that area, but both substances are pure evil.  This is only my
experience, though, and I do have some friends that suboxone works for
rather well, and in more ways than one.  One friend says that it has
anti-depressant qualities that keep her level, motivated and able to
function on a level that methadone never allowed.  Another says that
the opiate block has made a huge difference in keeping him clean,
knowing that nothing will get him high.  The other side of that is in
Vermont, they've had a series of overdoses where the person continues
doing whatever opiate, never getting high, yet overdosing.
I'll add this: while both methadone and suboxone did do their
respective jobs by helping me get away from hardcore heroin addiction,
I found that the downside of both were too much for me, and am much
happier being on absolutely nothing.  Again, that's just me.  I know
that it does work for some, and I wouldn't discount anything that
might help make the transition to complete abstinence, which is what I
finally found is the only thing that actually works for me.  Then
again, that's only if abstinence is ultimately your goal. Used as
temporary tools, they helped me tremendously.  However, I wouldn't go
back to either one.
If you have any questions that you feel I might be able to answer,
please feel free to ask.
Hope this helped
tink