[Ibogaine] dopamine 4 neuron

Douglas Fraser doug_fraser at microcinema.com
Mon Dec 29 16:04:11 EST 2008

d4 involved in addiction is an interesting idea, but my intuition
(IANAN(euroscientist)) says only for a certain of addiction and / or only
peripherally.  One person I knew said her problem stemmed from always
wanting "more, more, more", but I would say she hadn't yet begun the
psychological journey and thus what might lie beneath that always wanting
more stimulation

I would definitely say d4 is involved in whether one is attracted to or
even can handle the psychedelic experience (versus other types of drugs)  A
lot of people can not handle the amount of novelty psychedelics throw up,
so as Leary said, they become psychotic without even taking it.

tangential would be a link to the genome analysis / DNA test thing company
that the wife of a Google founder is involved in - you can your own genome
analyzed

doug