[Ibogaine] The War on Consciousness , Marc Emery

Luke Christoffersen luke.christoffersen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 16:48:04 EDT 2007

Hi Simon,
             I don't know if there are many unconditionally loving families
about. Maybe I'm being cynical, I've just seen and heard so much of the way
people can be ignorant towards children without being aware of the damage
they can do. I hope there are, I guess there must be. I still think that
there's mostly likely some painful trauma in the addicts background. Maybe
if the parents are loving someone might be abused by an outsider,
babysitter, relation, priest, teacher.  I remember reading about a local man
who killed himself because he was abused by a local man, his other brother
was picketing the abusers place as he was abused too.  Never heard what
became of him.

           There are probably other things that happen in circumstances that
aren't the parents fault but will still cause a child damage. It's hard to
know what could happen to cause problems.

 I recall reading that Arthur Janov said that people having traumatic births
has being more susceptible to addictions later because they have heavy pain
imprint at such a crucial stage it makes other pains seem more extreem. I
had traumatic birth but I know my mother did too but she wasn't ever
addicted to anything. I could see where it caused a lot of problems though.

Luke