[Ibogaine] where's preston?

ccadden elgrekkko at carolina.rr.com
Fri Sep 28 21:20:10 EDT 2007

Yeah, I think I've gotten his whereabouts, spiritually and mentally, nailed to a semi-specific quadrant of the country at this point. So I guess he's OK. I kept in contact with him while the lists were down, and could never totally help out with that struggle he was always in. But, then again, can you really totally help someone? No. Well, you can help, but you cannot cure.
Lee, I've been interested in what you've been saying about the opiates and depression. This is a fact I've been trying to get across to some psychiatrists in the past year. Opiates ARE anti-depressants. Some seem to take to this idea, some run like hell from it. My theory is this:
What is depression? Depression is mental pain.
What do opiates do? Opiates relieve pain.
So they certainly do seem to have this anti-depressant property. What is the opposite of pain? Pleasure. What is that feeling morphine is famous for eliciting? Pleasure. There's definitely an anti-depressant property to these things. I just wish some smartass somewhere could find a way to turn off that part of them that makes you addicted and make you crave more and more and more. From what I've understood, pure poppy, all by itself is non-addictive, correct? I'm talking about the actual opium bulb, boiled into a tea. It's when you start synthesizing it in a labratory that we get all the damn trouble.

ccadden