[Ibogaine] Ibogaine Synthesis (and a question)

Matthew Shriver Matt at ITSupport.net
Thu Sep 27 09:15:14 EDT 2007

Hi Doug

Do you have any more info on this:

 " Sara told me about some story of a guy who took some other substance
along with ibogaine because he "wanted to be the first" - he ended up in the
hospital having messed up his liver (if my medical guess was correct)."

Do you know what the substance was he was mixing with the ibo?

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: ibogaine-bounces at mindvox.com [mailto:ibogaine-bounces at mindvox.com] On
Behalf Of Douglas Fraser
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 5:43 AM
To: The Ibogaine List
Subject: Re: [Ibogaine] Ibogaine Synthesis (and a question)

Kevin Walker wrote:
> Hi Doug,
>
> I am going to reply to the second paragraph you have written:-
>
> "I'm also wondering what people think about taking ibogaine solely for the
>  purpose of spiritual exploration, if possible. I know and feel ibogaine
is
>  probably best used to get people off dope, but I wonder how people feel
>  about taking ibogaine just for the experience."

I did not write that paragraph.   The parent poster did

> One patient that a prominent business man in South Africa has been to us
> three times. He makes a booking with us once a year, checks himself in and

> does the Ibogaine treatment, and then stays for a few days thereafter just

> to gain his normal body strength, and have time to process his experience.

this sounds like the sort of thing I would support.  I was more ...
ranting...  about the thrill seeking attitude people have towards
psychedelics - implied by "just for the experience".  You can do that
with mushrooms and LSD but ibogaine IMO is something far more different
- it's hardly pleasant to go thru and potentially dangerous (in
comparison to most other substances).  ergo, a thrill seeker might run
into something they can't handle - and thus potential bad publicity for
"ibogaine" if the media seizes on it - as if substances have free will
and can overpower poor humans....   LSD has been through this process,
mushrooms went through it in the UK recently, and it is happening with
Salvia.   Sara told me about some story of a guy who took some other
substance along with ibogaine because he "wanted to be the first" - he
ended up in the hospital having messed up his liver (if my medical guess
was correct).   The ibogaine "community" hardly needs that sort of thing
happening if it is to be a viable alternative to methadone etc.

doug