[Ibogaine] Ibogaine Synthesis (and a question)

Douglas Fraser doug_fraser at microcinema.com
Thu Sep 27 04:51:16 EDT 2007

toast at bsd.miki.eu.org wrote:
> I'm not going to go too in to detail about what I'd like to do, but I'm
> curious about synthetic routes to producing ibogaine. I've only been able
> to find information about turning voacangine into ibogaine, apparently the
> best place to get this voacangine is the 'Voacanga africana' tree. This is
> all greek to me, but I was just wondering if anyone out there has
> discovered a practical method of synthesizing ibogaine. I'm interested to
> hear anyones thoughts on it...
>
> I'm also wondering what people think about taking ibogaine solely for the
> purpose of spiritual exploration, if possible. I know and feel ibogaine is
> probably best used to get people off dope, but I wonder how people feel
> about taking ibogaine just for the experience.

ibogaine ain't no 3hr pleasure cruise.   Define "spiritual exploration"
- do you mean the usual cover story for hedonistic goofing off or a
serious look into one's self?  Most people yammer about the latter, and
actually do the former - hypocrisy is rife within the "entheogen"
community.  "Just for the experience" is not a good enough reason to put
yourself thru hell for 36 hours

and no, ibogaine is not best used for people getting off dope.  The
getting off dope part is secondary to the whole process - a crucial one
for addicts but it's the self examination that is most important - and
probably the lack of it (or not going deep enough into it) is the reason
people slide back.   It's just that ibogaine has the chemical properties
to deal with opiate addiction versus something like acid.   But I would
recommend everyone take ibogaine at least once - once they're ready to
truly face it and not just for the experience

doug