[Ibogaine] The War on Consciousness , Marc Emery

simon loxton simonloxton at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 27 04:14:21 EDT 2007

HI Luke,
So what you are saying is that some families only look like good families only from an outsiders point of view and I agree with this. But you can have addicts coming from good families in the true sense (although I am sure you would have to define what is meant by good)
So lets just say for argument both parents are present and the child grows up realising that they are loved by both parents unconditionally and both parents love each other.
All that needs to happen is for some one from that family to go through certain experiences to create or bring out an addictive type behaviour. To give an example they took twins and separated them for the day. One started the day listening to upbeat music the other sentimental. Then they each watched a separate movie. The one was a sad and sentimental and the other a comedy. They then sent them shopping to see how they would behave and the differences were obvious. The one who received the upbeat music and saw a comedy enjoyed her self and bought some thing she normally would not so she became a bit more inspired and adventurous. The other bought nothing. To me it  just shows how you can take any person and expose them to a set of experiences and these experiences can have an affect on that persons life. So you can have a person from a loving home who has a bad day or even not, but for some reason the addictive personality starts and has nothing to do
 with where you are from or what your background is. The only thing I can say in defence of the loving family situation that they may have possibly spent time educating the child on how to avoid developing destructive behaviour patterns.