[Ibogaine] The War on Consciousness , Marc Emery

Luke Christoffersen luke.christoffersen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 15:13:13 EDT 2007

Hi Simon,
             There's one thing I've noticed about the strangeness of addicts
or other messed up people coming from so called 'good homes'.
People/Parents often don't behave the same way when other people are around
than they do when children are at home when there's no one to see what the
dynamic is really like.  I've seen it in my own life and in things I've
heard from others.  What my look like a happy home from the outside could be
miserable and lonely for the child.  Then when people grow up they can't
remember it, don't know there was anything wrong. Most people bury the
memories
            Often I think the idea of a traumatic childhood is thought of as
someone who was sexually abused or other of the extreme ends of this area
but years of little things like being criticized or not being allowed to
express oneself build up to cause terrible lifelong damage.  I think there's
many things that take place in 'good' homes that destroy the child from
being the person he or she needs to be allowed to be. I didn't come from a
broken home or poor home or anything like that, there was a lot of enjoyment
in my childhood too, but I still grew to be miserable and twisted and
suffering with self hatred because of negativity during my early life but
once I'd grown up I had long forgotten and and no idea understanding of what
was wrong inside me even though the hurt was still inside me. Drink and
drugs allowed me to free myself for a time.

Luke