[Ibogaine] The War on Consciousness , Marc Emery

Marc Emery Marc420Emery at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 22 19:52:02 EDT 2007

Of 20 opiate addicts none of them were more than sweaty and uncomfortable after 24 hours without opiates. They would be with me for 24 hours so I could be sure of it. They were right beside me and if you are re-assuring and they have HOPE -because its finally happening- then they are excited, nervous, sweaty but fine. The ibogaine was more effective the longer the time had elapsed between last drug use, there is no getting around it.

I never had a patient seriously worry they were going through withdrawl once ibogaine was given. They might say their stomach hurts but that was it. Usually the ibogaine experience was all they were aware of and no longer talked of withdrawl or horrible pain. Maybe they expressed mild discomfort.

Just because an addict says they "fear" pain, does not mean its real. Its manufactured in their brain. They are in a reflex where they get scared at the thought of withdrawl, just like an addict sweats when he goes through any neighbourhood where he can score, or once you put $10 in a crack addicts hands, they seem to lose all mind control, because the $10 in their hand is a trigger.

Marc Emery