[Ibogaine] The War on Consciousness , Marc Emery

John Schwarzkopf jmcreature at telus.net
Sat Sep 22 14:00:23 EDT 2007

"Where the patient should do some of their own research.." well we sure had read about it a lot and never had heard anything about booster doses.

"to have a relationship of trust with your provider"  we totally trusted both Marc and Linette ..until the withdrawals came and we were all alone.
I remember Marc saying over and over how easy it was gonna be for John because he was only on 15 ml.
John wanted off the Methadone more than I can imagine anyone else wanting off the methadone.
>From 50ml he spent over a year (don't remember how long) cutting down a few ml every second month..against the advice of his methadone doctor.
We totally trusted Marc!  as far as we knew he was the most knowledgeable person in Canada when it came to Ibogaine.
He said one dose would do it.. we believed him.

I don't see why someone should go through withdrawals if there is an easy way to avoid it.

we had read a lot about Ibogaine prior to deciding to request a treatment. We knew not to use the normal dose of methadone (when the withdrawals started after treatment). yet.. what do you do??
I am very thankful for the help we received on that day, i still don't know what we would have done.

Maybe it was wrong to involve the Iboga Therapy house .. When I talked to Sandra maybe a month after treatment (and she didn't seem to have any idea about how to be treating someone for Methadone,
and she also seemed to feel that she was way better than getting advice from other providers) she told me that herself and Marc were fighting over the ownership of the name Iboga Therapy House .
At the time of my first posting it didn't occur to me that the Iboga Therapy House might have change ownership.. I still doubt it very much. but I don't know.
 I am willing to say that if other people are involved there is a possibility it could have become a better treatment place...  if you are planning to go there ask a lot of questions, especially if you are going for methadone..  Unless you enjoy withdrawals.

I am not so sure about what Marc meant about sweating the methadone out. when? prior or post treatment? John did exercise daily at the time.. do you suppose the withdrawals symptoms were milder?

I'd like to hear from the Iboga Therapy House...

Catherine