[Ibogaine] Detox or Die

Matthew Shriver Matt at ITSupport.net
Sat Sep 22 09:57:18 EDT 2007

Hi Simon

It was probably only about 36 hours or so.  I had just gotten my take homes
for the week on Friday and I double dosed as I pretty much always did on
take home day.  Then it was Saturday evening when I did the ibo.  I ended up
dumping the rest of my take homes down the drain a few days later when it
was pretty obvious that it had worked.  When I took it for methadone I was
not very in touch with the ibo community so I had never heard of stepped
dosing or boosters.  All of my previous experience was with a single dose to
treat heroin and so I did a single dose for the methadone.  But I think it
may also be important to mention, I was very ready to get off of the
methadone too.  I remember riding my bicycle around town like 5 or 6 days
after my treatment and sweating my ass off and feeling almost no energy,
just feeling wiped out, and yet feeling immense gratitude to get to feel
that way as opposed to still being on the 'done.

Matt

  _____

From: ibogaine-bounces at mindvox.com [mailto:ibogaine-bounces at mindvox.com] On
Behalf Of simon loxton
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2007 3:51 AM
To: The Ibogaine List
Subject: Re: [Ibogaine] Detox or Die

And how long between your last dose of methadone and your dose of ibogaine
Matt? This just confirms that you can use a single dose regimen for
methadone though some argue that it should be done over 3 days some say to a
week. I prefer a single dose and a booster if needed. This is just me though
I am not saying there is only one way or one is wrong and one is right. The
outcome is the most important and for me that the patient is as comfortable
as possible and knows what is happening all the time and that they receive
explanations for what is being done. This is just me as I said.