[Ibogaine] Detox or Die

Matthew Shriver Matt at ITSupport.net
Sat Sep 22 09:47:15 EDT 2007

Generally I believe the consensus is that a slightly larger dose is in order
for a larger habit. Meaning the greater the methadone or heroin dose the
greater the ibo dose needed for treatment.  But this is only up to a point.
I have heard of monumental methadone doses being treated with ibo doses
between 25 and 30 mg/kg.  I think doses of 30 mg/kg and higher are,
generally speaking, higher than is really necessary to kick a habit.  On the
other hand, I have also heard people throw out the lower numbers like 15
mg/kg and I think that is a little low.  I think 15-20 mg/kg can and does
work for some people, but often is probably not enough to handle all of the
symptoms, making boosters more likely to be needed.  I used ibo to get off
of heroin several times before I got off of the methadone and although my
memory is somewhat hazy about all of the details, doses around 20+ mg/kg
were what worked to keep me off for a short while afterwards.  While doses
below that resulted in my returning to use almost immediately.  I will say
though, my experience with taking it to get off of heroin several times
before I even got on the methadone, convinced me that more was necessary to
stay clean then just taking the ibo.  In other words, the ibo can get you
clean, but staying clean requires follow up effort.  Maybe this wasn't
exactly what Simon was referring to but his "the baby must be fed" analogy
is spot on.

To answer your question about amount of time on, I don't think that is a
very big factor.  I used heroin for about 4 years and then methadone for
another 4.  Also, you really do want to make sure there is enough ibo
available.  As someone else was posting, you really do not want to find
yourself in state of being powerfully altered by the ibo and yet still
feeling dope sick.  You will be unable to safely treat the dope sickness
with opiates as that is likely to be fatal.  But without more ibo you are
pretty much stuck with them.  Unfortunately this situation is somewhat
complicated by the fact that sometimes there are psychosomatic dope sick
feelings.  You may believe you are going through withdrawal strongly enough
to actually feel symptoms.  My experience is that a high enough ibo dose
will help make it obvious that the withdrawal symptoms are being handled.

Matt

  _____