[Ibogaine] The War on Consciousness , Marc Emery

Adam Nodelman jonathanswiftboat at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 03:35:42 EDT 2007

also what exactly do mean by "sweating out" ? i mean that kinda sounds like some kind of wrong headed victorian era medical assumption.what comes next? the leeches?what i mean is,your gonna sweat out alot of shit no matter what,and a booster when someone BEGINS to feel discomfort will not in any way prevent any nessesary "sweating out" that will take place.what im getting at is i sense some perhaps  completely wrong assumptions on the subject of methadone,or  opiate withdrawl;that of a non addict.suffering is not a good or beneficial state to be in.nothing good comes from it;its not for ones own good.also,a timely booster can and will prevent heroin,or methadone use at that stage and can both save the treatment,and in some cases the very LIFE of the patient. adam

Marc Emery <Marc420Emery at shaw.ca> wrote: I treated 14 people for methadone, including my own son. I treated individuals taking 300 mg a day, 140-mg a day, and amounts ranging from 30 mg to 100 mg. The American patients were always taking huge amounts their doctor had prescribed them.

I never found it necessary to re-dose anyone in the first week after the first dose. Addicts do feel familiar aches after ibogaine, but full blown withdrawl, I have never seen it. Usually it is three to four weeks after the first and only treatment that the patient called me up and said in vague ways that a non-addict finds difficult to understand that "I think I want to go back on methadone again..." and I would ask why, and they usually could not say, as though the only answer to their malaise was a return to methadone. Most addicts were in very poor health (as John was) and aren't at all exercising and sweating the methadone out of their body. Once you have ibogaine you have to keep busy and be very physical, or else you will focus on discomfort and absence (of the familiar). Ultimately, every opiate addict knows withdrawl is something they can survive, but they are lacking insight and will to endure this discomfort.

Marc Emery