[Ibogaine] The War on Consciousness , Marc Emery

John Schwarzkopf jmcreature at telus.net
Sat Sep 22 01:54:33 EDT 2007

Hi Marc,

John went to your store and talked to you. Asked you if you could recommend someone that knew what they were doing, had experience and you put us in touch with Linette.
You accompanied her is some occasions before the treatment and she gave you accounts of how the treatment was going hourly. I do feel that you are somewhat responsible for her
shortcomings because you recommended her and because once she left and decided that John didn't have withdrawals even though she wasn't even here , as her mentor, you didn't contact her to ask
"what are you doing??"   and because I still think that you are not so aware of the method of treatment for methadone users and wouldn't have been able to give her proper advice.

I am glad that you agree that she did a less than satisfactory job.

About the schedule.. You know, I read your post as I was gonna leave to go have dinner at the restaurant, and the whole time I was there I kept wondering : if the man being treated starts
to have withdrawals 3 days after treatment then what? does he do dope ? or methadone? or just suffer ? until day 7..
Why not do the booster when the withdrawals start? Also, I think that the boosters John took were a lot less than 14mg/kg.
and i do think John took the dose 24 hr after his last methadone .. I can't be sure but if he did it was at his own request and he probably should have waited 48 hours.

Eric Taub had agreed to talk to Linette or you and explain how to use boosters  but both of you were acting like it was bad to take assistance from another provider because it means
they are more knowledgeable than you are!!

I wrote you an e-mail after John was ok and said that he took boosters as recommended by "someone in the US" and you e-mailed be back and asked
Did you give him a booster dose of ibogaine or a small dose of methadone?

I don't think you knew how to treat someone for methadone. I have doubts you know now. I have no idea who is involved with the Iboga Therapy House and no idea of what they know.
If you knew about booster doses and the difficulties specific to methadone treatment and didn't tell Linette.. then that means you would have done it intentionally.. meant for John to fail.. I don't think
that's the case and I really don't see why you would have?

Catherine