[Ibogaine] The War on Consciousness , Marc Emery

Dana Beal dana at phantom.com
Fri Sep 21 20:13:29 EDT 2007

My point was not to belittle you, but to respond to the thread as a
whole. Your initial post was kind of a non sequitur, in that you
changed the subject from the ibogaine shortage to an inquest into
Iboga house and the motivations of Marc Emery. There are many, many
providers out there. More than I know of. Most are involved in a
steep learning curve. This list helps disseminate information such as
step-dosing, adequate hydration and proper pretreatment echo-
cardiagram that MAPS and their coterie are not providing because
they're a bunch of mdma docs.

Does Linnette still even work at Ibogatherapy house, BTW? I think the
current Vancouver crew may in fact be over-reacting in the other
direction-- not treating people who could be treated because they're
being over-cautious. As for the death's door remark, the fact is that
the lifetime mortality for opiate addicts is 50%. Sooner or later you
overdose, contact HIV or hep C, do long periods in prison, or have
some other horrible shit happen to you.

Right now Howard is spending a lot of time seeing Ilah at Mt. Sinai,
where she's dying of endstage liver cancer. Until recently, she felt
pretty fortunate because NYC has a good welfare program for people
with AIDS. She contracted hep C and HIV back in the '80's when some
one used her needle without telling her. People on the list may
remember her from the movie with George C. Scott where she played the
14 year old who runs away from home in Michigan  to become a sex
worker in L.A. Or maybe it was Las Vegas.

Dana/cnw