[Ibogaine] The War on Consciousness , Marc Emery

Adam Nodelman jonathanswiftboat at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 18:52:50 EDT 2007

unreal.im really sorry you had to deal with that.it blows my mind.while im not so sure that this utter lack of ethics and responsibility was contrived to set up a 2nd treatment(that would be pure evil)this to me at least sounds like what used to happen with 1 or more treatment providers that shall remain nameless.someone provided the iboga,took the $$  but when it was treatment time,was no where to be found.instead producing someone as a treatment provider who obviously had no or very little understanding concerning addiction,or iboga.it boils the blood.im betting that no one was told about the complications involving methadone(xtra boosters)this to me is my main concern with iboga treatments in this day and age;that the treatment provider takes moral and ethical responsibility for their treatment.that being said,this is one side of the story and mark has the right to respond.but i know of situations in the past(not with mark)where patients were given false info,paid alot
 of $ and were  left slowly twisting in the ill winds of mehadone withdrawl.to me thats worse then the most evil 12 step,anti-drug zealot.one should be very careful,kara wise- if one where to misuse the plant in this way.not cool at all.   adam

John Schwarzkopf <jmcreature at telus.net> wrote:
The temptation has grown since I got back on the list somehow?? and  got to
read the post from and about Marc Emery..

I wanted to say BEWARE OF MARC EMERY!!

Marc recommended a woman to treat John (who had been on Methadone for 5
years),Linette.
Marc attended one of the pre-treatment meeting with us and he took Linette
to our home the night
of the treatment and collected the second half of the payment.

(At some point between the pre-treatment meeting and the treatment Linette
called us and said something like "John is gonna die! John is gonna die! I
can't do this treatment!!
I don't want to go to jail!! My family don't have money to bail me out!My
family can't afford a good lawyer! John is gonna die !!" She was completely
hysteric and refused to give
 us back the half of the payment we already given her (she said she had
spent some of the money on Indra which is kind of funny since in the end we
used HCL(which we trusted better anyhow))).

The treatment went fine (Linette called  Marc every hour to report on what
was happening) and Linette asked to go home early after 24 hours( if I
remember well)
 because she was coming up with a cold.
I gave her a ride home. and thanked her.. I was so happy..though we had paid
her (or someone.. she told us that Marc and the Iboga house were getting
some $$ and Marc told us that
he was not taking any of the cash, just holding it for Linette) , I was
thinking of buying her a present for her help!!

I think it was the next day that John started to have withdrawals.. at first
I thought it was in his head. but after a while I could see physical
symptoms he couldn't have faked.

I called Linette and she told me that John was not having withdrawals. and
that she was going out for dinner with her family who was visiting from
Winnipeg.
Also contacted Marc Emery.. couldn't help.

I was very lucky that Eric Taub explained to  me (on the phone) what was
happening and recommended booster doses.

Called Linette again. She was too busy. Didn't believe we needed the
boosters. Agreed to give us some Indra .. enough for one booster.. in 2 or 3
days.

That's when we dug out a HCL stash John had had for years. bought it from
someone.. didn't know if it was what it was supposed to be. didn't know if
it had lost potency.
but that was all we had.  And NO SCALE!! as i tried to figure who I could
call to go get me a scale and bring it over.. John decided to just guess and
helped himself to a booster dose.

It worked. John had to take a few booster doses but it worked. And Linette
was mad that John took booster doses, she said it messed with her data!!

If we hadn't had that stash John would have had to either do dope or
methadone ?? and what are the dangers of that???
How long after Ibogaine is it safe to take anything??

Marc Emery and his friend put us in a situation way worse that where we had
been in the first place.

My idea is that they didn't know about booster doses . Didn't know that
methadone users are more likely to require them.

Other people said that John's treatment was a set up and that he was
supposed to relapse. (That Marc's crew knew full well he would need
boosters).
I have to attribute this to paranoia.
Or is it a possibility?

I think it would be very wrong for Canada to extradite Marc Emery.
but I would feel way better knowing he wasn't treating people with Ibogaine.

If you get treated by his crew for Methadone  I'd recommend having a stash
of Ibogaine handy in case they drop you  half way.

Catherine Morency