[Ibogaine] The War on Consciousness , Marc Emery

Dana Beal dana at phantom.com
Fri Sep 21 18:52:22 EDT 2007

On Sep 21, 2007, at 5:46 PM, John Schwarzkopf wrote:

> I was with John, we live together and the treatment took place in
> our home.
> That was a few years ago.. I had unsubscribed to the list since
> then but now I am back on it..
> and seeing the posts about Marc Emery just made me want to say ..
> there's got to be a better option than trust Marc Emery's people.

Most people on this List are aware that Iboga Therapy House is too
difficult to get into, and maybe unduelly entangled with their  MAPS
sponsored longitudinal trial, but I don't see what your problems with
Linnette have to do with either our supporting Marc to keep him from
winding up in a US prison for the rest of his life, OR the price of
ibogaine.

At the beginning of this thread, Marc correctly focused on the price
of ibogaine. As this treatment takes off, the junkies of the world
are gonna drain off ALL HCl, so there will be no more "psycho-
spiritual" treatments for psychedelic tourists UNLESS you go to
Gabon. This is what I told NIDA in the early '90's, when I predicted
Ibogaine would become too expensive to be a street drug-- so there
was no point in keeping it illegal.

The process Randy is referring to involves the synthesis of ibogaine
or 18 MC from voacangine-- which IS cheap and plentiful. We're
working on that, among others. GMP grade ibogaine will be available
for research and treatment purposes when this synthesis is adapted
for mass production.

Dana/cnw