[Ibogaine] Practicing Iboga Therapy in Canada

Matthew Shriver Matt at ITSupport.net
Fri Sep 21 18:08:02 EDT 2007

I agree Simon that the hcl has to be the way to go for a treatment.  But
perhaps boosters could be done with bark as well as any spiritual use.  The
amount you mention sounds about like the dose I sometimes take about 4 hours
before going mountain biking.  I think the bark is more stimulant like than
the hcl.  At that does I usually find my balance ever so slightly affected
but only enough to make the slightest difference with the mountain biking
and that's a pretty balance intensive activity.  I never notice any visual
effects until the evening in dim lights.

Matt

  _____

From: ibogaine-bounces at mindvox.com [mailto:ibogaine-bounces at mindvox.com] On
Behalf Of simon loxton
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 10:49 AM
To: The Ibogaine List
Subject: Re: [Ibogaine] Practicing Iboga Therapy in Canada

Hi Matt,

The added effect would be from the other alkaloids in the root bark. During
the Bwiti I attended we all took an amount which could be described "dosage
wise" as a pile that fitted within the palm of the hand. This way of working
dosage works well as the bigger you are the larger your hands are. If the
person has more bulk then a little more is given. Now this is just a dose
that is used for Bwiti not an initiatory dose, an initiatory dose: I was
told is sixteen to seventeen times the amount. I had what could be described
as a heaped table spoon in quantity. This was enough to see trails and with
the addition of the music and singing as well as the way they manipulate the
flow of energy I felt the combined effect very powerful and much more than
ibogaine hcl on its own. This is all very well for spiritual or
psychological work, or even in treating afflictions of the mind which is
another topic in its self which I hope to get the chance to share about at
some point. But the point I am trying to make especially where opioid
withdrawal is being treated the hcl is far easier on the patient. It would
be interesting to discover more about the other alkaloids though and I hope
to discover more about this through Bwiti while the funding is still absent
for laboratory work. Basse