[Ibogaine] Practicing Iboga Therapy in Canada

simon loxton simonloxton at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 21 12:49:22 EDT 2007

Hi Matt,
The added effect would be from the other alkaloids in the root bark. During the Bwiti I attended we all took an amount which could be described "dosage wise" as a pile that fitted within the palm of the hand. This way of working dosage works well as the bigger you are the larger your hands are. If the person has more bulk then a little more is given. Now this is just a dose that is used for Bwiti not an initiatory dose, an initiatory dose: I was told is sixteen to seventeen times the amount. I had what could be described as a heaped table spoon in quantity. This was enough to see trails and with the addition of the music and singing as well as the way they manipulate the flow of energy I felt the combined effect very powerful and much more than ibogaine hcl on its own. This is all very well for spiritual or psychological work, or even in treating afflictions of the mind which is another topic in its self which I hope to get the chance to share about at
 some point. But the point I am trying to make especially where opioid withdrawal is being treated the hcl is far easier on the patient. It would be interesting to discover more about the other alkaloids though and I hope to discover more about this through Bwiti while the funding is still absent for laboratory work. Basse