[Ibogaine] Practicing Iboga Therapy in Canada

Matthew Shriver Matt at ITSupport.net
Fri Sep 21 09:07:37 EDT 2007

Maybe we should all be switching to bark?  That yield is low. If you ate a
kilo of bark you would get way, way, more effect then the equivalent of 1 to
1.5 grams.  Which is good considering you realistically could never eat a
kilo of bark.

Matt

  _____

From: ibogaine-bounces at mindvox.com [mailto:ibogaine-bounces at mindvox.com] On
Behalf Of simon loxton
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 4:43 AM
To: The Ibogaine List
Subject: Re: [Ibogaine] Practicing Iboga Therapy in Canada

And just to add to Patrick's post, on a larger scale it takes half a ton of
root bark to produce on kilogramme of hydrochloride. Besides the difficulty
to grow the plant there are also statutory laws surrounding the export of
iboga from Gabon. The other thing is that it is a time consuming process.
The roots have to be washed and then all the debarking is done by hand. I
was given a rough idea that it would take about six months to produce a ton
of root bark. I am not sure how many people would be working on the project
but it is not a simple task at all and as Patrick said the yield is not very
high for a pharmaceutical grade of ibogaine hydrochloride.