[Ibogaine] Practicing Iboga Therapy in Canada

simon loxton simonloxton at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 21 06:43:15 EDT 2007

And just to add to Patrick's post, on a larger scale it takes half a ton of root bark to produce on kilogramme of hydrochloride. Besides the difficulty to grow the plant there are also statutory laws surrounding the export of iboga from Gabon. The other thing is that it is a time consuming process. The roots have to be washed and then all the debarking is done by hand. I was given a rough idea that it would take about six months to produce a ton of root bark. I am not sure how many people would be working on the project but it is not a simple task at all and as Patrick said the yield is not very high for a pharmaceutical grade of ibogaine hydrochloride.