[Ibogaine] Practicing Iboga Therapy in Canada

Patrick K. Kroupa digital at phantom.com
Fri Sep 21 04:59:57 EDT 2007

On Sep 19, 2007, at 11:42 PM, Marc Emery wrote:

> Hmmmm, that sounds about right as to the scarcity in the marketplace.
>
> Buts its confounding, Ibogaine is legal in almost all countries, I
> don't understand the difficulty in production. I understood that
> Ibogaine HCI isn't from iboga root but in fact is a by-product of
> other laboratory extractions.

Ibogaine HCl is from iboga root bark, it takes roughly 1 kilo to
produce 1 - 1.5GM of HCl.  The world demand has significantly
increased, the availability has not.  The future of ibogaine is most
likely cell-culture technology; which is presently prohibitively
expensive to utilize for mass-production.  Once demand hits a certain
peak, it will become more feasible.

There are of course other possibilities, but ibogaine grows VERY
SLOWLY, it's difficult to use the cannabis paradigm of Overgrow the
Government in this case...

Patrick