[Ibogaine] church of scientology vs. ibogaine

Adam Nodelman jonathanswiftboat at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 17:42:36 EDT 2007

yes,pot kettle , black,etc..only church of sci could come up with the hypnotic suggestion thing,sacrament envy.just what do they think ol LRON was looking for out there in outer mongolia in is young days???anyway whoever these evil scumbags are this falls inti that ol classic maoist marxim(forgive me nick)something to the effect of it being good that our enemy has attacked  us,therefore drawing a sharp contrast,or whatever between us and them.  adam

Luke Christoffersen <luke.christoffersen at gmail.com> wrote: Apparently baby can be aware of it's mothers feelings an emotions in the womb and this can effect development.  I think everyone we come into contact with shapes us.  Particularly in childhood.  Parents and teachers and others sometimes manipulate children to towards certain ways.  I don't know if you could call it hypnosis but there can definitely be manipulation  through fear and other degrading methods.

I suppose people who are brought up with more manipulation and robbed of their self esteem would be more susceptible to suggestion. I remember a scientology guy standing on the street in Dublin offering free personality tests.  Someone said they use these to help them gain power over you by finding your weakness.  He's still there standing in a doorway trying to lure people in.

Luke

On 9/18/07, Otra Cosa <equismas at hotmail.com> wrote:      hi, it is the first time i write here, though i've been already reading the digest since a few months.
forgive my english if any mistakes for english is not my first languaje

i chckd out that therapy page:
"Therapists"                giving someone ibogaine, can knowingly or unknowingly lay in hypnotic                commands. Drug addiction itself can be created by a sort of hypnotic                command to "use" again while the addict is on drugs.

i myself am not a therapist, nor a psychiatrist, but a philosophy student, i just wanted to check out with you guys, if any of you, as therapists/psychiatrists think it is possible to "unknowingly lay in hipnotic commands" on people, cuz i just thought, that if something like that could ever be possible, well, we'd be all already hipnotized somehow..
i come to think that i'de be hipnotized by my own mother since i was conceived in-side her, and, well, my brains were kind of in a "tabula rasa" state then
- you know, only genetic commands at subconscious levels, on celular scale, but no reasoning, nor articulate thinking of something like "i-am-doing-this-because-of-THAT",
where THAT is our definite motivation for doing whatever we do,

well, that leads to think on a mother unknowingly encouraging his breed in utero

think now that emotional distress from mother's could at least interfere with the emotional posibilities of a genetically designed human being - aka "hipnotize him"

"Putting the drug addict back into control of their                own lives has been a goal of many for hundreds of years. "

the dreamy state of hipnosis, isn't it conscious? i think it is, but heavily motivated by the chemicals running on our brains. i come to think that even when i am awake, doing my stuff, i am "hypnotized" by this idea that i HAVE to do stuff, and give sense to my life. hell, good mothers keep saying so, we were all raised("if lucky") on that thinking pattern - and when we escape of it, there you have it, "unadapted person", etc.

"William                Benitez, the founder of Narconon, discovered the best way out of                addiction was to raise his own abilities so he could beat addiction                himself, without drugs."

OH GREAT DISCOVERER.    i'd like to say more, but i am in a hurry, well..

salud.

luciano