[Ibogaine] IterationS

simon loxton simonloxton at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 05:39:44 EDT 2007

But how do you get off the list?

Seriously, thanks Patrick for all the hard work that you have put into this I guess allot of us take it for granted.

Met the Bwiti this weekend passed and what a fantastic experience. They were also kind enough to explain what they could about Bwiti in the few hours we spent. I have discovered two things since.

The first is that to understand iboga you need to understand a bit of Bwiti. The forest people had the jungle as their school and are as qualified in that field as professors are in theirs in the west. They did not have the written language so the code was recorded and passed in song, music and dance. There are also many levels to Bwiti and as there is practical there is also theory. So in order to understand iboga learn about Bwiti, what we have discovered through science is an added bonus.

The second thing is that too much importance is placed on the initiation, this may be due to marketing the experience of which there is nothing wrong. You however have to feed the baby that is born or reborn through the initiation. This is a western misunderstanding that its all about the initiation which seems to come across strongly, its only the beginning of a new way of life.

Bassé!