[Ibogaine] fair warning

Matthew Shriver Matt at ITSupport.net
Mon Sep 10 01:42:24 EDT 2007

I was poking around on the mindvox site a little; following some of the
links Patrick sent out and his threat to archive the ibogaine list online
was realized.  I know there was some discussion in the past from a friend of
ours who's name started with a D about not wanting their name or email
address linked with the material they posted in a publicly searchable
format.  Well now that has been done, although you do have to actually join
the list before you can view the archive for whatever that is worth.
However, the archive starts with the new incarnation of the list (I have no
idea if Patrick plans to put up the old stuff).  So if you do not want your
email address and your name associated with the content of your posts, in a
format that is available online, then you should refrain from posting or
subscribe to the list with an appropriately considered email address.

Personally I think you cannot have too much openness and honesty in your
life.  Although I do admit to certain things on this list that while
technically illegal are not things I feel any shame or self-consciousness
around.  In fact I strongly suspect that those who would persecute me for
the technical illegality of my actions would benefit enormously from more
openness and honesty in their own lives and with their own consciences.

I have noticed a curious thing recently.  When I look deeply inside myself I
see that no matter how hard I try and no matter what I do or don't do, I
will always make mistakes.  This may seem self evident but somehow today it
strikes me as more significant.  If I am to be truly honest with myself, I
have in my nature the ability to do the most selfish, fucked up, greedy,
sneaky-assed shit imaginable.  And I know it first hand because some of it I
have done.  It is in my nature that I am capable of this.  It is in my
nature that I will sometimes behave this way despite my best efforts.  I am
less than perfect and always will be.  I am flawed.  I am human.  But here
is the curious thing that I mentioned.  When I am in touch with this truth
and I look at the actions of those around me whom I would judge in another
frame of mind, I see that they are just like me.  They are acting on their
own inner flawed potential to commit error.  They are experiencing their own
imperfect human nature.  And from this frame of mind, rather than judge them
I feel tremendous compassion for them.  I know first hand how painful it is
to see that all of that yucky, immoral, even evil potential exists inside of
me and my heart goes out to those who are being driven by it.  I feel love
for them and I hold out hope that they can shine that light of honesty and
openness into their inner being and see what's truly there for themselves.

I read an interesting quote recently but despite searching for it twice I
can not find it again so I cannot say who it is from nor guarantee that I
have it exactly right but it went a little something like this:  "Those who
are unable to recognize God will surely think it is the devil."

Matt