[Ibogaine] University of the streets

Howard Lotsof hslotsof at phantom.com
Tue Dec 18 23:02:57 EST 2007

If you will look at the table in the article it indicates how many
patients were treated at which facility.  All information came from
providers and was tracked over a period of some years.  Some of the
providers treated less than a dozen patients, Panama and Brazil for
instance.  While other providers were running approximately 400
patients, Mallendi's operations before the French authorities
restricted ibogaine and Taub.  Internet providers were not included
as we could not obtain sufficient data. If you will read the earlier
Alper et al. ibogaine history paper <www.ibogaine.org/history.html>
and correlate it with the current medical subculture paper you can
get a pretty good idea of the time frame of the various provides that
is at most seven years.  All of the counties included in the
Wikipedia article except New Zealand are included in one or both
papers.  If you have followed the communications on this list over
the years I don't think they indicate more than a dozen patients
treated in New Zealand.  The paper only included operations working
in the open, having web pages or included in media or scientific
publications.  A good deal of the wikipedia article was written by
persons on this list.

I believe the cutoff for data on patients treated was February 2006.
All of the major ibogaine providers are included.  If you think there
is some vast undisclosed subset of patients other than those who
bought ibogaine over the internet, please let us know.  Thanks

Howard