[Ibogaine] war on drugs

Nyc W. Alberts digitalcomponents at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 23:02:28 EST 2007

Our Government spends $50 billion dollars a year on The War On Drugs.

The only honest and realistic hope we have of fighting them is to match
them dollar for dollar, because it will take that much to overcome just
the sheer volume of propaganda that they have put out on the subject.

Short of that we will always be at a distinct disadvantage in fighting
this battle.

It's not like that kind of money can't be raised, it can, but it will
take a high degree of organization, which currently we are in too much
of a disarray to have, to come up with.

I mean what's the difference between 30 million Christian Evangelical
whack-jobs and 30 million sane pot-smokers?

They've got their shit together, and we don't.

If you stop to consider that the Porn Business, the Video Game Business,
and the Skateboard Business are all equal to in size, or greater than,
the Mainstream Hollywood Film Business, then coming up with the
resources we need to effectively fight this war on an equal footing
isn't as daunting a task it seems at first blush.

It's not just the Rehab's business model that is threatened by a viable
treatment for addiction coming along, but the illicit drug dealers as well.

Right now the street price of a gramme of decent grade of marijuana is
an astronomical $20 when in reality it would probably cost no more than
a nickel to produce.

What high-end grower in his right mind would want that kind of insane
mark-up to go away?

~Nyc