[Ibogaine] research + more

Paul Brookshaw jiggy9 at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Oct 28 08:43:05 EDT 2006

Hi Marco,
           Sara's House, Breukelen, outside Amsterdam. Holland.
I flew from England. Norwich, Norflok and landed early, on a cold bright
Sunday morning in Scipole Airport.
Cleared customs and went to get the train to Breukelen.
At breukelen train station I was met warmly by Sara Glatt, who took me to
her house.
A picturesque farm house in the country.
After being interviewed by a journalist from Nova TV on the Monday morning.
I took 1.2 gram of Iboga Extract, as a test dose at 11 am.
I lay and played with the internal visuals for about three hours, then took
a flood dose of a further 4 grm of Iboga Extract.

I wrote this as an account of my experience. Very shallow compared to what
actually happened over about 78 days, but I hope you get the picture.

I have added bits, as my memory of the trip is still very vivid and I am now
able to slow down enough to write coherently. lol

Hello all,
My name is Paul and I have just completed Iboga treatment. Ok I know it is
not what you want to here, but, yes I did it for addiction to Opiates. As to
there being other entheogenics that would do the same for addiction as Ibo,
sorry there is not.
Fly garic shrooms work well, but they are not strong enough to get you
through the tree top affect and get you past the pain threshold, also they
do not last long enough. Amanita is a most wonderful pain killer. Mushrooms
work well for a little habit, but when it comes to Methadone, only Ibo is
strong enough.
As for personal insight and self awareness, the Iboga is the tool.
My experience was of a 53 hour trip, then slowly but surely a rising of
energy that was sustained by good food and water. You would not take it for
pleasure.
As to taking it for self exploration, I think that you would have to be off
your nut to even consider it, as. I have taken and used many entheogens in
my life, but no trip gets even near to the extremes that Iboga gets you. OTT
Extreme.
I ingested 5.2 grams of Extract, and experienced a very colourful internal
scenery, at first something like an archway with blood dripping down in
droplets and then slowly changing to all the colours of the rainbow. A bit
like Tetris, but dissolving into what seemed like earth at the bottom. I
found it best to keep the eyes closed as the visuals are quite nasty. Black,
red and white jagged triangles, and lots of leaves and trees.
As I tried to cope with not chucking up the flood dose, by lying on my back
in the dark and breathing through the nausea, the trip got stronger. As I
breathed my consciousness breathed and expanded. rolling slowly but surely
outward, until I became as a flat universe of reds and browns. I became a
universe, expanding and spiraling, centred around a black hole. Clouds as my
feelings thoughts and emotions rolled  through this flat plain like imminent
storms, rolling and folding amongst each other.
The only real way to explain this is. The lazers in night clubs, that fire a
flat beam/triangle across the club, pink and red with smoke rolling through
the lights.
I seemed to be lying flat, face down above this plain, and traveling across
it at great speed. I travelled across the central black vortex of the
centre, looked in, backed off and travelled on. I remember looking and
saying to myself. Not here for this. Unknown. Un-chartered. Not fear, but,
not here to get lost. I felt the vortex suck at me and I glimpsed many
masks, faces, women, children, white wispy birds, spiraling down and in. As
I looked I felt, entities pull gently at me. I backed off and traveled to
the edge of my consciousness, the edge of my universe. Stood, like a warrior
at the edge of time on sentry duty. Many many more spiraling universes
surrounded me, but each was to far a distance for me to step off of my edge
and reach. I turned and travelled back.
I was in the jungle. Every animal conceivable galloped across the ground
below me and the noise was awesome. Birds, monkeys, insects. I remember
leaning against a tree and peering at the sun through the lofty heights of
trees and vines. The sunlight seemed to dapple me, sparkle and dance through
the leaves, like water in a bubbling stream. I felt like a wet pebble being
carressed by warm bubbling earthy water. Birds everywhere aloft.
I saw many little black children with little square hats on there heads and
oyster shells at the side of their eyes,. Each had a stick in the right hand
and they where running through the trees, prancing, dancing and singing and
herding many many little furry animals in front of them. The forest floor
was absolutely writhing in little fury animals.
When I roared at the jungle, a massive tree came out of my mouth.
Everything was writhing with life. I was surrounded by trees vines bushes
and what seemed like every living thing on the planet, surrounded me and
slowly carressed my inner being. I came across a pool (same one I used to
fish when a child) and peered in at the baby Carp. (This was a special place
for me as a child). I tentatively lent forward and touched the water and got
flooded with bitter sweat and loving memories. All of them making me. I
folded out through the surface of the pool and felt as if I was the pool and
me all at the same time.
I had lots of visions of my childhood, but the real experience started about
a week after.
The Iboga reduced me to an Atom, moleculed me, divided my cells (showed me
conception) then split me into Seven and then made me do everything in
threes.
Hand, heart, mind.
The personal conflict was immense. It was as if I had been crucified.
Mentally, and if I tried to go against my conscience I got disaplined. With
feelings of imminent      (Stop, non existence, self imposed fear. My
conscience even threatened to kill me if I took Valium again. A very heavy
kind of yes. no game, that if I tried to go against, I got slapped hard.)
I have studied the bible most of my life, but to actually live the text as
it is written was heavy.
I spent three days on my bathroom floor being fed honey and bread and tea,
by my wife.
I had to eat every two hours otherwise the Iboga makes you feel like you are
going to die.
My revelations lasted well over six weeks, and I can still get up with good
food and water.
I wrote a lot of the stuff down whilst I was Iboga nutted, so if anyone
would like a read, give me a shout please.
As to taking Iboga for self exploration, I wouldn't do it, as the experience
is very very intense.
Once in my life is enough;')~~~
It is nearly 8 weeks since my sesh and I am still out in the cosmos.
Freaking naturally.
Some 8 weeks later and I can still feel the iboga. I was completely gone for
6 weeks+.
When I was a child I had the same openness and psychic energy, but I was
scared of it.
Now I can use these abilities and feel very calm and at peace in knowing
there is nothing to FEAR.
The point of taking Iboga for the Addiction of Opiates is that the Iboga
rewires the synapses and enables one to get over the retardant withdrawal
syndrome very quickly. What would take some three years is achieved in 7
weeks.
When I iboga'd I was only 8 stone 3lb, now I weigh 11 stone 6lb. I work out
in the gym and am getting quite big.
To get oneself emotionally, mentally, spiritually sorted after 23 years of
hell is not done naturally, by just giving up.
As it would take maybe ten years to sort out all the crap.
I am now quite a together person after being in hell for so long.
Have fun, live life to the full and give of and receive of much love, for
that is why we are here.
Paul;')~~~

Wow heavy flood of emotions, going back through that, but somehow
reassuring, as a sign that the pain and distress is over.

Six months after taking Iboga I am still going through a kind of gathering
process, simulating, kind of like bubbles returning to me that have been
blasted outward into the cosmos and are slowly returning to me.
The most astounding thing is that memory of my Iboga sesh puts me back
intouch with the spirit of this wonderful plant and makes my hair stand on
end with incredible power.

Ieeehyaaa!!!

Wow what a journey and it isn't over yet.

                                     Love ands light P'