[Ibogaine] ibo addiction

Norman Brown secundumvitae at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 06:34:08 EDT 2006

Hi Brad,
  We have had 2 people who have experienced this "delusions of grandeur" phenomenon. The first one was a case of more than 6 years of depression to the point of not being able to leave the bed some days. After Ibogaine there was nothing that could touch her. She was perfectly content with whatever happened in life, happy all the time. In our sessions we couldn't find anything to talk about, she felt incredible. After about a month she fell on her face and we went to work big time on the life problems. I can say 9 months later she is doing well and has normal ups and downs as we all do, but no depression to date.
  By the time the second one came around (not wanting to repeat the first one) we let her enjoy her state for a week and then brought her down to earth and from there went to work on her life problems. She, by the way has not touched any drugs for 6 months. She had smoked pot since she was 14, got into Coke for a while, and had a year doing Meth-amphetamine.
  Our programs are a minimum of one month, which is the ibogaine treatment followed up with a reprograming process which combines eastern and western philosophy and psychology.
  We have found that ibogaine is an excellent tool for life change especially when suplemented with a program designed to accomplish just that.
  At this point we are not treating heroine addiction, there are plenty of facilities around the world for that. We are not an "end my problem and let me get on with my life" program. Not that there is anything wrong with that. We are here to help people change their lives.
  Sincerely,
  Norman Brown
  www.secundumvitae.com

Brad Hays <bradleyheathhays at gmail.com> wrote:
    Yes...I too am very interested in this 'delusions of grandeur.'  Are we talking overly happy, overly optimistic, something towards hypomania? (a lesser degree of the mania stage of bipolars).  Are we talking about this person's responses being overly-energetic for the given conversation?  Very specifically interested in if this person considers themselves 'better than others', or if their ideas are better than others, or if their new personality tends toward overwhelming others in social situations.  Has this person remained as fair or biased/unbiased as they were before using too much Ibo?

  Does Ibogaine simply clear the brain of built up chems which lead to obsessive thoughts, allowing a person to gravitate toward happiness more easily?...Or does it somehow 'instill' a happier emotion in the form of a chemical byproduct of it's ingestion?...an effect which would most likely decrease over time.

  Have developed a great interest in exactly what Ibo does for a person chemically and psychically...and I believe that, specifically, the behavior of someone who has 'overdone it' would shed considerable light on Ibo's mechanisms and effects.

  Thanks so much

  On 10/17/06, HSLotsof at aol.com <HSLotsof at aol.com> wrote:   After ibogaine many people modify their diets to healthier foods or healthier amounts of foods.

Howard