[Ibogaine] neurosis

Luke Christoffersen luke.christoffersen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 14:02:16 EDT 2006

Hey Matt, have you considered that perhaps you were reliving part of a
failed attempt
to get out rather than ibogaine trying to get in.  It's just that the
crushing of the tribesmen
could be symbolic of someone being crushed at birth trying to get out, if
perhaps the way
was blocked.

Maybe not but I think ibogaine sometimes causes release of traumas in
symbolic means
particularly if it is something that was buried very deep in the past.
Sometimes what
seems like a defence is part of the truama. They are somehow all linked.
What seems
impenatrable could be part of thr trauma.

Though when I did my first ibogaine treatment 4 years ago I recall running
fast up a ramp
and then suddenly a big iron barrier came down with the words 'CLOSED'
written on it.  At
that moment I felt that I was going to be denied access to the secrets of my
past.  I spend
much of the session wandering through the mess of present situations and
also many big
walls that I could not pass. At one stage I saw a leak or a way through to
my childhood but then
a serious of iron doors pilled up slamming shut.

I think in some way I might have been strengthening the defences by 'trying'
so hard to get
somewhere. I didn't know what to do, was I consciously trying to hard.
Perhaps some of it even
at that time had to do with my birth.  I'm always trying to get out and
feeling like I need to get
of somewhere and when I do I feel happy and get relief but then I'm
somewhere else and still need
to get out. Get out or get out of it.

Luke

Slowone