[Ibogaine] OT maybe Dreams

Carlton B hokkaidocrow at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 11:48:53 EDT 2006

I found the dream aspect of iboga interesting too.  What I saw during the
ritual was definitely hallucinations, no doubt about it.   The interesting
thing is that the character of my dreamstates has really changed.  After my
iboga experience, my waking states are free of non-trivial negative thoughts
and emotions.   So it seems really odd to me that I still get nightmares.  I
had a lot of nightmares prior to taking iboga, but they were often chaotic,
incoherent, and focused around a small set of 6 suddenly emergent memes
(generally relating to massive scale disasters).   Now my nightmares are
more elaborate and nuanced than they were before, sort of like a suspense
novella.

In my view, this supports the idea that the dream is just the self-aware
part of the brain watching the subconscious janitor dumping the
neurochemical garbage at night, and trying to make sense of the resultant
perceptual artifacts.   Or maybe it's all just bullshit, I have no idea.
In the past I often feared that my nightmares might be a sign of some
insidious underlying fault or unresolved conflict; now I choose to believe
it's just my brain taking a nightly dump.

I do wish I could get some musical/aesthetic elements in my dreams; I'm
envious of those who do.