[Ibogaine] implications for the long-lasting actions of the anti-addictio...

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Sun Oct 15 09:02:39 EDT 2006

I know someone on my drugwar list who is taking some incredibly huge amount
of methadone every day, prescribed, not bought off the street- I can't
remember if it's 300-something, or 600 something, but it's huge. I've seen
his script. I know he's not making this up.
When I wrote my "M is for Methadone" article, I compared such huge dosages
to Nazi experimentations, but now, knowing he's happy and productive at such
levels, I no longer feel that way.
I honestly believe that not everyone is supposed to not be using- and under
our current system, sometimes the only safe way to continue "using"
opiate-like substances is to take methadone, so more power to them.
I also believe that something like ibogaine should be available to those who
decide they want off or out from under the addictive effects of opiates.
But I think I'm merely stating the ultra-obvious with this email.
-----
"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream.
The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe
the dream out of existence.
The dream is a spontaneous happening and
therefore dangerous to a control system set up by
the non-dreamers."
William S. Burroughs
----
Peace, love, and respect,