[Ibogaine] implications for the long-lasting actions of the anti-addictio...

Warren Lee Theriot wleetheriot at comcast.net
Fri Oct 13 23:03:17 EDT 2006

Preston,
	I was speaking from having observed several friends and that is why
I said that. Everyone is unique, so what seemed to apply to a few
people, obviously doesn't work for everyone. I agree that it is
really up to the individual to make their own choice. I was advised
by one of my friends not to try the methadone route to get off
codeine. I am glad I personally did not opt for that choice, but
rather I chose to cut back slowly until I was no longer sick. I
finally did it in June, but it certainly takes a long time to get out
of the rut that was dug over the last 7  years. 10 years ago, one of
my late friends asked me to help him cut back by doing the same for
myself, as for moral support and I had to tell him I wasn't ready. I
had to wait until I started getting sick on my own due to built-up
tolerance and then I started getting serious about quitting, even
though I seem to have a chronic pain problem with my back, shoulder,
neck, legs and feet. Funny now that the jones have gone away, so have
75% of the original pains I used to have and for which I thought I
needed something stronger than plain aspirin or tylenol. The long-
term change to my personal environment is what I need to make happen,
unless Ibogaine could make me feel happy in my own skin, no matter
where I lived. That seems to be too much of a miracle to happen,
though it would be great.
Peace,
	Warren