[Ibogaine] implications for the long-lasting actions of the anti-addictio...

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Fri Oct 13 14:21:28 EDT 2006

>I do not regard Methadone or LAAM or Subcutex a reasonably humane way to
>treat addiction as it only prolongs the time of the addiction.<

Sorry Warren, but I HIGHLY disagree with the above sentence.
Not everyone is ready to "kick" or "quit" using their opiates or whatever
their drug of choice. I am firmly against the idea that we have to force
people to stop using whatever it is that helps them feel more
human/better/numb/whatever, and worse that giving opiate addicted people
methadone or Subcutex or whatever other maintainance drugs are out there if
they are not ready to stop using. Why would anyone want to force others to
stop taking these drugs, simply because one doesn't like said drugs or the
companies that make said drugs? In an ideal world, instead of decrying the
use of said drugs and maintainance programs, we'd simply legalize and offer
ALL options to anyone READY and WANTING to quit using.
Each to their own pace of course.
-----
"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream.
The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe
the dream out of existence.
The dream is a spontaneous happening and
therefore dangerous to a control system set up by
the non-dreamers."
William S. Burroughs
----
Peace, love, and respect,