[Ibogaine] implications for the long-lasting actions of the anti-addictio...

Warren Lee Theriot wleetheriot at comcast.net
Fri Oct 13 01:55:33 EDT 2006

Randy,
	What you say is all too true. The number one priority is profit
these days. I have been travelling the world on Google Earth and have
lately noticed disturbing images of the strip-mining of the land for
trees. Entire species of beneficial plants have probably been
destroyed. The profit motive seems to have had an effect on the
rainforests of South America; vast thousands of square miles once
covered with jungle are bare earth. Some places you can see fire
destroying the jungles and chaparral in the Google Earth images.
These sort of things just seem to give me a sinking feeling that can
only be remedied by shouting out how messed up things are and
questioning  "how can the science fiction scenarios of a future
desert earth be prevented"? It has geometrically increased in
proportions the clearing of land everywhere on earth, even the
Ibogaine bearing jungles of Gabon seem to have a lot of clear-cut
land, if you can make out the blurry images of that particular area
of the earth. Maybe the 10 or 15 percent of land the president of
Gabon has declared national parks will preserve the Iboga plants.
My rants seem to come in cycles and yet I do see a trend towards the
better as far as getting the message out about Ibogaine, thanks to
UTube and all the other video sites now. I'm trying to work with a
half broke computer, a half broke digital camcorder and iMovie to
start some of my own video uploads, which has been a way to raise my
own spirits.  But I keep getting the urge to speak out since there
are people with some say in the goings on in the overall medical
community that they need constant prodding. Days go into weeks into
years since I have been reading about Ibogaine. It is only starting
to appear on the Internet Video radar screen, and I hope the news
keeps positive. I totally commend the efforts of everyone involved
and especially Howard and Dana for getting the ball rolling back in
the 80's.
What ever happened to that guy in the video running off like that I
don't know, but I hope that a bunch of hoaxes don't start appearing.
My take on it was that maybe the guy had just enough Ibo to get him a
little wobbly or slow to react to instructions, but it really did
seem like he wasn't all there in his mind when he was getting
splashed. I don't know personally about Ibogaine as far as
coordination goes but it would probably make someone fall on their
face if they tried to run. The yelling seemed to resonate with my own
feelings of youthful exuberance I still feel inside at times. At
least when I wake up in the morning now, I don't feel that depressed
any more nor do I feel sick. It is such a relief. Still, I would
rather be as happy as what I imagine Ecstasy would be like, really,
but I don't want to seek that drug out.  There is nothing available
that could come close. That is as much as a change in perception my
mind craves after all this time of not really having any fun for any
extended period of time. That is sort of how I want my mind to be
free from this depression. It is hard to be constantly worrying that
something will go wrong because in the last 14 or more years, I have
had to deal with loss after loss of friends and family. World affairs
on the news make me upset also. Nobody with any real power seems to
have much emotional intelligence, let alone strategic intelligence.
Military intelligence is an oxymoron. Radio hosts can be "oxy-morons".
  These issues keep me bummed out enough of the time, that I need to
vent occasionally.  It is something that I would hope that I could
get over with Ibogaine and the right sort of talk therapy. I just
don't like it when you go to a psychiatrist and you have to do all
the talking even after many sessions. I will have to look harder for
a more interactive type of counseling. I don't like group therapy. I
tried that a very long time ago and it was annoying at best. Well in
a way this forum kind of serves that purpose and it is a lot to my
liking. Back a long time ago, it was just the time of my life and the
mixed bag of problems of everyone to deal with. Here there is a
common concern. I hope that I can lighten up and somehow be my old
self and the self I am in my nightly dreams. At least I can dream
now. The pills seemed to stifle the REM sleep I used to get before I
started with them.  I wonder if Ibogaine has any effect on boosting
memory in the long term after the treatment. I have been getting
worse about spelling lately.
Peace,
	Warren