[Ibogaine] in praise of the ibogaine forums

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Thu Oct 12 13:33:03 EDT 2006

Hi all,
>From the very positive article by John Harrison (maps • volume xvi number
2 • Autumn 2006) about this year's ibogaine conference in NYC comes the
following paragraph:

>The opening day session culminated in an extraordinary and spirited
>political panel which included Dmitri Mugianis (ibogaine treatment provider
>and former patient), Lotsof, Douglas Greene and the peripatetic Dana Beal
>(Cures Not Wars). Saturday evenings reception featured the powerful
>documentary Ibogaine: Rite of Passage, by film-maker Ben de Loenen.<

I coulda sworn I was sitting there spiritedly contributing to that final
panel discussion too, but it may have been all that pot I'd just rolled up
into the joint I think I was using as my baton to emphasis my point, and was
actually really wanting to smoke instead, clouding my mind and leaving me
THINKING I was really on that panel.
Could someone please confirm for me whether I was really on that panel or
not? Or was I having my first and only real, genuine post-tripping,
hallucinogenic flashback? Otherwise I'm gonna be one confused individual for
at least the rest of today. Thanks kindly.
;-)))
-----
"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream.
The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe
the dream out of existence.
The dream is a spontaneous happening and
therefore dangerous to a control system set up by
the non-dreamers."
William S. Burroughs
----
Peace, love, and respect,