[Ibogaine] implications for the long-lasting actions of the anti-addictio...

Carlton B hokkaidocrow at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 20:51:14 EDT 2006

On 10/11/06, marko <marko at phantom.com> wrote:

> I must not forget plenty of scam artists (and everything else, too!) on
> this list, including me... claims that one single dose of IBOgaine can
> "cure" years or even decades of addiction?

Yes, along with a number of peer-reviewed multidisciplinary studies, as
well.   Perhaps if Hulda Clarks' studies were validated by anyone besides
Hulda Clark over the past 20 years she's been claiming that AIDS is caused
by worms, well...

 Shortly, it's the easiest thing in the world to declare someone a scam
> artist (and everything else, too!) without trying his/her system or
> teaching/curing. Without feeling results for oneself.

I don't have to feel it for myself, I can just read on quackwatch about the
people whose cancer worms she's promised to cause, collected money, and
watched them die.   Who has she cured?  Nobody.

The point is.... here we go again.... that anyone promoting anything from
> which The Pharmaceutical Industry doesn't profit, is declared a scam artist
> (and everything else, too!).

If AIDS were really caused by worms as Clark says, the pharmaceutical
industry would be richer than God, because they own the rights to all the
vermicidal/anti-parasite drugs as well as AZT, etcetera.   So that reasoning
doesn't really hold water either.   Failing that, we have only the remaining
theory that Clark's ideas are so scathingly brilliant that everyone who
agrees with them has run away and hidden under a rock.   Doesn't this set
off your bullshit detector a tiny bit?