[Ibogaine]Ibogaine and psychosis

firefly lik4luk at yahoo.com.au
Tue Oct 10 17:28:13 EDT 2006

I had post trama to the point of being obsessed with death or the people I know that have passed over also bad dissasociative disorder,cryed lots and hurt myself with cutting etc.I found ibo hard but now I am good.Had an off-ish day yesterday but never thought to reach for anti-depressants or hard(drugs),again.I think with psych problems you need more time to deal with the past-coz it seems to me thats wot ibo is about.
  The Bwiti use it for teens to rid them of childhood trauma-has any1 researched their youth/adult suicide rate.I can gaurantee its low.
  Tanz.

BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com wrote:
        In a message dated 10/10/2006 1:47:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, ptpeet at nyc.rr.com writes:
  >I also personally know
a person who was diagnosed schizophrenic who does way better on meds.<

ME TOO

  OK, I guess I can share this. I personally know of a person that has some pretty severe psychological problems who was treated with Ibogaine. This person had a heroin habit on top of the psych problems. He/she decided to not tell the providers that said psych  problem existed and hoped for the best. The treatment went well and at day 4 he/she was on the way home when a panic attack hit him/her and all hell broke loose. I won't get specific about it and I wouldn't say anything at all if this person hadn't said that I could write about it, but suffice to say that the Ibogaine treatment brought out some raw emotions with this person and some very big issues were dealt with. It scared the hell outta the providers so I am told but in the end I think that all involved felt like it was a positive thing for this person to have experienced this episode. Thank God that it happened when the person was still with the provider and not after they were on their own. After it happened
 the person explained that he/she had been admitted to a psychiatric hospital a couple of times and had been on some pretty heavy psych meds. Would this have happened without the Ibogaine? Maybe. Did the Ibogaine bring it on? Who knows? I think it just goes to show that anyone being treated with Ibogaine should be as honest as they can. On the other hand I have a childhood friend that bought some smoking gold window pane LSD in 1974 and to this day is so psychotic that he can't function. He had never been treated for psychosis before this happened. I think everybody knows of a case like this with LSD. Has anyone ever been treated with Ibogaine and a problem like that occurred that never resolved itself? It seems to me that Ibogaine has a way of healing some things like this, but I know the providers well in this case, and I don't think that they would have knowingly done the treatment with all the information that came out afterwards. I'm very curious about this and would
 appreciate any input.      Love and knowledge       Randy