[Ibogaine]Ibogaine and psychosis

BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com
Tue Oct 10 09:13:15 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/10/2006 1:47:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ptpeet at nyc.rr.com writes:

>I  also personally know
a person who was diagnosed schizophrenic who does way  better on meds.<

ME TOO

OK, I guess I can share this. I personally know of a person that has some
pretty severe psychological problems who was treated with Ibogaine. This  person
had a heroin habit on top of the psych problems. He/she decided to not  tell
the providers that said psych  problem existed and hoped for the best.  The
treatment went well and at day 4 he/she was on the way home when a panic  attack
hit him/her and all hell broke loose. I won't get specific about it  and I
wouldn't say anything at all if this person hadn't said that I could write
about it, but suffice to say that the Ibogaine treatment brought out some raw
emotions with this person and some very big issues were dealt with. It scared
the hell outta the providers so I am told but in the end I think that all
involved felt like it was a positive thing for this person to have experienced
this episode. Thank God that it happened when the person was still with the
provider and not after they were on their own. After it happened the person
explained that he/she had been admitted to a psychiatric hospital a couple of
times and had been on some pretty heavy psych meds. Would this have  happened
without the Ibogaine? Maybe. Did the Ibogaine bring it on? Who knows? I  think it
just goes to show that anyone being treated with Ibogaine should be as  honest
as they can. On the other hand I have a childhood friend that bought some
smoking gold window pane LSD in 1974 and to this day is so psychotic that he
can't function. He had never been treated for psychosis before this happened. I
think everybody knows of a case like this with LSD. Has anyone ever been
treated  with Ibogaine and a problem like that occurred that never resolved
itself? It  seems to me that Ibogaine has a way of healing some things like this,
but I know  the providers well in this case, and I don't think that they would
have  knowingly done the treatment with all the information that came out
afterwards.  I'm very curious about this and would appreciate any  input.      Love
and  knowledge       Randy