[Ibogaine] psichotic sympthomes or psychosis?

firefly lik4luk at yahoo.com.au
Thu Oct 5 05:38:39 EDT 2006

I had P.T.S.D which pushed me to cutting myself,dissassociation-big time and to the point of being consumed with suicide and believeing I was dying of cancer etc.I had ibo 46 days ago also for 74mgs of methadone anti-depr sleepers etc.I am not lookin back only to ponder and realise that lifes shite wasnt my fault my dad didnt die of cancer coz of me,my mates didnt suicide coz of me and it goes on and on.
  I believe you should treat her like any of us and do the relavent tests,of course.Get supports-psych drs,nurses,massage therapists,natropaths.Pre care and after care malke recovery faster and better.Family support where possible and friends to remind us of who we were/are.I am no Dr but just wanted to let u know hope aint gone,maybe small doses over time?What do the more experienced think?Tanz in N.Z again!!!

jon at mindvox.com wrote:

Do you know specifically what her diagnosis is? What exactly do you mean
when you say she has "a soft split personality"? Does she have
dissociative identity disorder? Is she bipolar? Borderline personality
disorder?

I'd probably advise against giving iboga to someone with a dissociative
disorder (such as dissociative identity disorder, what they used to call
multiple personality disorder) or schizophrenia, as I would suspect it
would aggravate the dissociation or psychosis. But I should imagine it
would be helpful for affective and anxiety disorders.