[Ibogaine] Is age a factor?

james hodgs triarttt at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 22:07:53 EDT 2006

--- BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com wrote:

> Standard Time,
> jon at mindvox.com writes:
>
> Age  isn't so much a factor as the health of your
> heart and liver. If you
> are  serious about trying ibogaine treatment, get
> the appropriate tests
> (EKG,  liver function, etc... it's all in Howard's
> manual).
>
> If all those come  up clean, you would be a
> candidate for treatment. If
> there are problems on  any of those tests, you
> should probably not  take
> ibogaine
>

> Well put John. I am 49 and anticipating another full
> treatment in the very
> near future myself. I refuse to believe that 49 or
> 55 for that matter, is old.
> If all the precautions are taken as well as getting
> your dosage level down as
>  low as you can oxy's aren't an insurmountable
> problem. How much Oxycontin
> are you taking? I have to say this though, keep in
> mind that a good aftercare
> program is as important as getting the Ibogaine
> itself. I know this the hard
> way. I'd like to see my mistakes do somebody some
> good so please don't wait
> as  long as I did to find a good therapist. Exorcize
> is a real good idea too.
> At  least a good walking regiment or whatever you
> can get into, just do
> something.  Ask lots of questions and do a lot of
> research too so that you know what
> you are  getting into. Are you in the states? I
> don't mean to pry, I'm just
> tryin' to  help.               Randy

Thanks for your reply Randy and John
I can understand post therapy will be important.
Lowering my dose as well as exercise, both of which I
find hard to do, are on my "to do list". Unfortunately
I get confused by info overload. Some say methadone
tapering is the only real course of action while
others suggest the naltrexone rapid 5 day detox. I
know ibogaine has the reputation of being hard to go
thru, scary  anecdotes of heart problems and even
death, and not accepted by traditional medical
communities.
But I don't want to become a methadone 'lifer' or
suffer the known side effects of rapid detox. I have
been regularly consulted by Sandra at the Vancouver
clinic and  she has been very helpful and informative.
Being Canadian I feel pretty secure with using their
facilities out west.
I asked Howard about the age question too and he said
if my general health was good and that had to be
answered as honestly as possible, then I should be
alright.  How big a "should" that is, is hard to say
for a  physically strenuous treatment like ibogaine
can be. My procrastination is not good at all. What
level of oxy use should I be at before treatment for
example. If there is someone out there who is familiar
with this form of opiate and how it is affected by the
ibogaine treatment  I would  appreciate them sharing
their knowledge. One thing about this forum I have
gained a lot of valuable insight into others problems
dilemmas and unique solutions as well. More helpful
encounters from complete strangers is a welcome change
from the sterile advice given by so many others "help"
sites.
Thanks for the info.
Boomer