[Ibogaine]Questions about LAMM and Ibogaine

BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com
Tue Oct 3 17:59:50 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/2/2006 8:57:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
HSLotsof at aol.com writes:

LAAM was  approved because it was developed by the National Institute on Drug
Abuse  (NIDA).  It took them about twenty years.  At one point all of their
data was disallowed by the FDA because the contract research organization they
 were using was found to be guilty of some FDA submission offense so all of
that company's data was disallowed including that for LAAM.  I haven't
probably gotten that exactly right but,  close enough.  Once LAAM was approved after
some years they found that it  had associated cardiac fatalities and the
manufacturer discontinued it as it  was not exactly a money maker. I am not sure
whether anyone on LAAM was ever  treated with ibogaine.  My guess would be not
unless they were first  transferred to a short acting narcotic, a common
practice on St. Kitts to my  understanding. What is interesting is that LAAM is an
example of a schedule I  drug that was rescheduled.  This is most likely what
would happen with  ibogaine if it is ever moved through the FDA approval
process. The FDA  approved an ibogaine study at the University of Miami in 1993 but
the work was  abandoned when D. Mash opted to open St. Kitts rather than
continue the  work.

Howard

Thanx Howard, I figured if anybody had any information on this it would be
you. I was thinking that if anyone HAD been treated for addiction to LAMM the
information gathered might be beneficial to those who were seeking help for
methadone. I would imagine that LAMM would take more than just a flood dose.
Maybe boosters for up to two weeks, or a follow up treatment in a week or two,
but that's just a guess. Thanx again  Howard.       Randy